Monday, September 29, 2008
I am Down
And it is a good thing. I have started to eliminate sugars and carbs from breakfast and lunch while not having snacks. Dinner I get to have whatever, even dessert. I have been doing this for less than a week. I have lost 3 pounds in the last week and a half. My biggest problem is that there is so little that doesn't have carbs in it for breakfast. I am already getting sick of eggs and meat for breakfast! Any ideas? I have been amazed at how much my cravings have been curbed and my afternoon sleepiness as well. The diet is the Carbohydrate Addict diet. I know my body has a biological problem processing carbs and sugar. My insulin is then hyper activated so therefore I have cravings for food again to match that insulin level. It has not been easy like some of the people supposedly in the book, but it has made sense to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Great job Monica!! I really know how difficult it is to struggle with weight and food. Even with breatfeeding and Weight watchers, the numbers on my scale were not moving. So I've reduced carbs and followed Weight Watchers for the last month and I'm finally losing...and not so starved all the time. Hopefully both of us will stay motivated.
Bravo!!! It is SO hard...I absolutely hate it. Motivation...that is so hard. I am so a carb addict. I am having such a hard time finding things to eat that don't have much carbs or sugar!
Yay! I am so proud of you! 3 pounds already!!! You can so do it! I will try to do some research tomorrow on new things for you to eat.
Here's a site that I found. www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ It has a section for menus and one for recipes. Hope this helps.
Thank you ladies! Yes, please do let me know what you find out, Beth
Awesome, Michelle, I will have to go there when all the chicklets are in bed (I am babysitting today so I have 4 3yrs and under :P)
Hey woman! Here we go again, eh? A new start! What about grits or oatmeal or cream of rice or big ole omelettes with cheese & veggies? Not sure if there are carbs in any of the above -- I'm not good with stuff like that.
Here we go again...yes, New start...not sure if this would qualify :{
Can't have any oatmeal as it has lots of carbs and then I have to sweeten it, so I would have to use honey (no no...too many sugars) or splenda (ok)
Sigh......the other thing in the morning is the time factor. I don't have time to make these lovely omlets....plus you gotta have toast (another no no) Booo :*(
I know I need to cut way down on carbs and sugars as I know I am predisposed to blood sugar issues....I know that I need to lose weight. So, I am using this Carb Addict diet, but I really, really really HATE low carb meals!!!!
Post a Comment