Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend Cookout

We got to host our second social gathering since moving into our new house. We had a cookout. We had over Karen, Allen's parents and the Boyd family (David is the youth pastor and music minister at our church). We had a great time. We even had excitement at the end. We were playing games and there was a HUGE lightning storm. Well, it got our power. So we just finished playing by candlelight. I actually kinda liked it ;) We were wanting to have a campfire to relax by but couldn't because of the rain, so this was a funny alternative!


My three posing for their mommy. I have been so negligent in taking pictures.



My cool cupcakes I bought of course and the even cooler sparkler pics.


The kids had a tea party. It was so cute! My kids loved playing with the Boyd kids

l-r: Kenny, Emily, Joseph, Hannah and Heather


Our bestest Auntie Karen and Miss Lisa Boyd. It was so much fun fellowshipping with them!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah and Emily's dresses are really cute.

Monica said...

I LOVE them. I stumbled upon them when I was taking some Mommy Time on Thursday. I just needed to be by myself for a little bit, so I ended up at that mall. JCPenny was having buy one get one for 99 cents. So, I got both for $16. I rarely ever by brand new....so I got to have it for our church picnic and our party :)

Monica said...

Jenny....doesn't David remind you of Matt? That picture in fact makes me think the next words out of David's mouth would be something about mellow yellow jello :)