I had my surgery follow-up yesterday. He said all four of my incisions look good. I asked him what he found when he got in there. He told me that he doesn't open it up but pathology does. So, he read me the report. It said I had many stones in there some 1.5 cm in diameter. Along with the stones there was sludge (pleasant) and stone debris. As I flinched and made disgusted faces he said all that was really normal for someone who needed their gall bladder out.
When I told Allen the size of the bigger stones he got out the tape measure. It doesn't sound like a lot but 1.5 cm is pretty big. In fact, it is the exact size of popcorn chicken! I seriously measured it. Yuck!!!! No wonder I was in so much pain.

3 comments:
ouch and yuckers. praise th Lord for doctors. glad you're better.
love the house and kid pics. and hannah does look like a gymnast!
Do you feel a lot better? Just knowing the details helps make the surgery worth it, doesn't it?
I don't know how big my stones were...just that my gall bladder was "full" of them. I'm glad you are better now!
Post a Comment