I know that it is just the beginning of the cold and flu season, but I am already really sick of it! My kids have been giving it to each other for weeks already. They share everything which is normally a blessing, but when it comes to coughed on toys, sneezed on books or used cups I wish they woudn't. Any helpful thoughts for getting over this? My pediatrician gave us some Rx cough medicine and said Mucinex for kids is really good. So we are trying that today.
Yesterday was Joseph's 18 month check up. Boy it he have a growth spurt! He is 33.75 inches, weighs 26 pounds 15 ounces. So he is in the 85% for height and the 75% for weight. Dr. Ortiz was very impressed with him. He is also saying about 60-75 words. Thankfully that is right on target for where the girls were at this age. She took one look at his bruised shins and said he Must be a big climber huh? You got it. He is boy through and through. In fact, he is now trying to get up the girls bunk beds. Thankfully he gets one leg up but can't figure out how to pull himself up to the next rung :) She also commented on him being such a sweet boy. He really is. I am so blessed with a boy who is not whimpy but yet is sweet. God is good!

8 comments:
So is Joseph bigger than Emily now?
I am with ya on cold/allergy season. Sierra is on her second cold already and I've been having some type of allergy issues for over 5 weeks - ahh! Our problem is water bottles - we need to write names on the them so we don't cross contaminate :).
Actually he isn't quite yet, but he is closing in FAST. I looked at our little growth chart and at 18 months old Joseph is the exact same height as Hannah at 28 months!
Jen! I can totally understand. I think I have it beat then a week later I am sneezing and all that jazz again.Ugh!!
I have gotten on a "kick" as Seth's calls it of trying to treat their colds naturally. I came across it because I ordered some vitamins from someone and they offered this herbal stuff to treat children. We will see how it goes because when they get a cold it hangs around forever. It probably sounds extreme, but my kids are really sensitive to things. (My middle one had a reaction to a vaccine) So I try to find non-traditional ways to treat things. I have been reading a lot on the benefits of garlic and how you can take it (without having the smelly affects). haha anyway this is what I am doing this season, I will let you know how it turns out. I don't blame you if you roll your eyes I use to do the same thing when I heard this type of thing from other people. (-:
No Tania...I am so not rolling my eyes. I can't wait to hear if that stuff works. At this point I am willing to try anything!!!
That is wild. Sami was weighed Sat at the dr. office and she weighed 28lbs exactly.
That is funny. I think Joseph weighs more than Emily. I knew he would catch these girls in no time. The amazing part is that he shot up so tall that he is heavier but now he is looking thinner bc he lost he baby belly :)
Why did Sami have to go to the dr???
Post a Comment