I would like to introduce you to our newest member of our family. His name is Negueba (Emily calls him Guba...that will work :P). He lives in Mali, W. Africa. We are now his American family. We are "adopting"/sponsoring him through World Vision. We are very excited about missions becoming real to our family!!!! Please pray with us for him. When I learn more about him, I will update you all. He is 9 years old. His birthday is August 1st. We hand-picked him. In fact, I looked through piles and piles of pictures. We wanted an African boy because I LOVE Africa and then we will have two girls and two boys. We also wanted his birthday in August as we have two May birthdays and now we will have two August birthdays :)Thursday, November 01, 2007
A Mom of Four
I would like to introduce you to our newest member of our family. His name is Negueba (Emily calls him Guba...that will work :P). He lives in Mali, W. Africa. We are now his American family. We are "adopting"/sponsoring him through World Vision. We are very excited about missions becoming real to our family!!!! Please pray with us for him. When I learn more about him, I will update you all. He is 9 years old. His birthday is August 1st. We hand-picked him. In fact, I looked through piles and piles of pictures. We wanted an African boy because I LOVE Africa and then we will have two girls and two boys. We also wanted his birthday in August as we have two May birthdays and now we will have two August birthdays :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Did you know November is adoption month?
This is so exciting! How neat...it will be a great thing for your kids to be a part of! Can you all mail things directly to him?
Yes, we can mail him letters all the time. We will also be able to email him and send tiny envelope packages. We are so excited. My kids already talk about him all the time!
Neat...it will be fun for the kids to think of little gifts and things to send him.
he is just adorable - i wish he could come and live with you ;) but his family is important to him as well....we get to see you in two weeks - yahoo i can't wait.
love ya-
sherry
what an awesome way to show your kids Christianity fleshed out by giving to others!
what an awesome way to show your kids Christianity fleshed out by giving to others!
Awww, you'll love it, Monica -- we've had another "son" since 2001 through Compassion, & it is so neat to watch him grow. He calls himself our son.
I didn't know that Danna....where is your little guy from? My kids are thinking this is so cool. I am so grateful for such a neat life lesson.
He's from Kenya, in an AIDS affected area, & Compassion just started an AIDS initiative so our support for him went up $8 a month from what it was (voluntary only). His name is Nelson Eboya, & he sends us letters faithfully. We get a picture about every other year or so.
Post a Comment