Thursday, January 08, 2009

The End and the Beginning

We made it home safely but very tired from all our holiday partying. I would like to begin with how I get so much done or keep up with stuff in my house.....I don't by myself. Here is Emily washing my floors. Poor little Cinderella. She asked to do it, but I don't have a problem with even preschoolers doing chores :)


Papa came over Friday afternoon and put together the kids new work shop. They play with it ALL the time. Thank you Moore family :) and thank you Papa for putting it together. If you hadn't they still might not have it out of the box!



What a saint! Here MawMaw sits amidst my ridiculous amount of laundry. We did do laundry while we were away, but my mom's dog is shedding really bad and so we came home with little white hairs all over everything. If you know Allen....he does not dig dogs (and neither do I much any more) and he HATES dog hair. So, in order to minimized the transfer, I washed everything we brought home.....hence....MawMaw buried in it. She ALWAYS is willing to help with my laundry. What a blessing!!!


My birthday party. We played pin the tail on the donkey. Hannah insisted I must have a game in order for it to be a certified bday party :) Notice Fancy Nancy Emily dressed herself in a princess dress...Hannah dressed herself in her brothers overalls hence the Huckleberry Hannah look .....so different yet so much the same sometimes




During the pin the tale game. I lost...and I lost miserably, but we had fun



Dakota and my parents on his 13th birthday. Yikes, their very first teenage grandchild!





We had a backwards party for Dakota. We ate cake first, then opened presents, then had dinner. We even ate the cake from the middle out and turned our shirts backwards. I had fun doing it :)






Enjoying eating dessert first!!!







Happy Birthday, Dakota! We love you very much.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha...this whole post cracked me up! I loved the outfits that Hannah and Emily chose to wear, loved that Hannah made you play a game, loved the backwards party and loved that Allen is with me on the dog thing! I do not like dogs at all! Big ones scare me and little ones annoy me! And I hate dog hair! Yuck!

Monica said...

Oh he feels the same way....really really doesn't like little ones. Tolerates my mom's because he is a super son in law. Hates hates hates the hair.

Anonymous said...

I do not tolerate any dogs...and they all want to bother me! No matter where I go...if someone has a dog it wants ME to pet it or ME to hold it. There could be 50 dog lovers in the room and they want to bother me! They drive me nuts!

Monica said...

oh my! That is so funny....just like Allen. He will be minding his own business reading his book while everyone else is coaxing the dog to come to them. My mom's dog will then jump right onto Allens lap

Anonymous said...

Poor Allen! I feel his pain!