Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!






I have not really been looking forward to this day. In fact, the thought of this day has given me an ache in the pit of my stomach since the beginning of November. But, my hope is NOT in whomever is leading this country, my hope is in the LORD! So, why should I fear; why should I dread? We may not love the man in charge but he is our leader nonetheless and we LOVE our great country!




So, we decided to party :) This is a HUGE historic day and I wanted to remember it with my kids. We got up some of the favors and things from Hannah's soldier party last year (yes, that is really what she asked for).







Cheering with the crowd. The cutest thing was that they sat when the crowd was told to sit :)









Our 44th president of the United States...and my 2 and 3 year olds got to witness it!






We did lots of cheering and flag waving. I can ask who is our president and Joseph says "Bak Obama is our new pesdent"

Hannah was a bit offended that we had a party without her. So, we had a second round. She got to wave her flag and cheer too :)

Joseph took this one of me getting into the spirit of things....or was it just getting into the spirits??!!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I am glad you are teaching your kids to respect and honor our president. What a neat thing to do. Hehe...I love that they did what the crowd was told to do!

Michelle said...

We watched it too, and were amazed at the huge crowd that was gathered there.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you make learning fun for the kids; this is a lifetime memory you created for them. I am proud of you!