Saturday, December 27, 2008

Friday in WI

Today we went tootling around Milwaukee. We wanted to show the kids Lake Michigan, but it was so foggy we couldn't see very far. It was still pretty!





Funny.....we went to the Humane Society....Mom, bought a container of Ghiradelli chocolates. We were all excited about having a treat in the car....well, they turned out to be dog treats in there!


We went down into the ghetto of Milwaukee to see my parents stomping grounds. Here is my first abode. My parents lived in the aparment that was in the back of this building when I was first born.


This was my mom's old house. My dad actually has a picture of her sitting on this railing with a black coat from back in the day. So here is our re-enactment. We got out of the van after we saw a drug deal go down. Ahh, good times in the ghetto!



The church my parents were married in




Laverne and Shirley's work :)


We went to the East Side. There was a cute hot dog shop. I loved it. Allen not so much. He gets grouchy in really small places


Mom and Dad enjoying a great dog


Me and my really trying not to be grouchy honey :)


My parents watching the waves come in with ice at Lake Michigan


My three cuties


Mom and Dad





We had promised the kids that they could go sledding. Well, it was to be 50 today with rain, so we took them out for Midnight Sledding at South. We didn't go out long but they still loved it


Bumpa and Hannah going down the run



My two men


huh.... not sure why this is sideways



Nanny even went down when with Joseph



After sledding we got into comfy jammies and had cocoa coffee. What a great day!










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Another thing that Allen and I have in common! I hate small places. It freaks me out. I love the ghetto pictures! You are all brave! That church that your parents were married in is beautiful! I LOVE the snow! You guys are so lucky! Sledding is awesome! Maybe someday I will see snow again...

Monica said...

yeah....Allen even hates large cities with lots of buildings...he was not at all into NYC when we went. I loved it!

Anonymous said...

So good "seeing" your parents again, Monica. Have lots of good memories of those two from church. Please pass on our greetings and love to them. Thanks!