Monday, December 08, 2008

Phew!

Wowzers! What a busy weekend.

Friday night Allen's parents took the kids for a sleep over. They had a birthday party at Sami's to go to. They had a super time and it allowed Allen and I to go to dinner and then come home and wrap about 50 gifts. Allen does NOT like to wrap gifts. He instead was the box guy. He got all the gifts in the boxes and I wrapped them. It was a pretty good method ;) Then he was so sweet and made me the most wonderful cup of hot chocolate...of course it has lots of marshmallows :P I was thankful for the time to get the kids' presents wrapped and the church gifts wrapped while they were gone!

On Saturday Allen put up lights with his dad while his mom watched the kids and did more of my laundry!!! What a huge blessing. I had to go to church to help with Parent's Day Out.....now shopping or date for this parent...oh well. It was crazy. We pretty much had the wildest kids of the church. Thankfully they all did very well. It ended at 4pm. I got home a little after 5. Allen had to take the kids at 4pm to a birthday party. Allen and the kids didn't get home until 6 or so. We just had enough time for a small dinner, baths and bed.....what a day




Then Sunday we went to the two nursing homes in Waterloo with the 1-6th graders to sing carols. Always a logistically crazy time. The kids did well though. The residents really loved it. In fact, one guy was crying as they were singing....hopefully it wasn't because I was kneeling next to him directing the kids :)

Then Sunday night was the choir Christmas concert.......phew....I am glad all those things are over! What a crazy weekend.


Lisa Boyd, Me and Karen Duvall
One thing I am so grateful for is having good friends to minister with! That makes a huge difference.


7 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, I got tired by just reading all the things that you did this weekend!
Can't wait to see y'all. Julianna was looking at Hannah's picture last night. When we told her that we would see Hannah in 1 1/2 weeks, she replied "All right!"

Monica said...

Ha ha ha! How cute!!!!!!! We are so excited to see you guys too. Do you have an itinerary for when you are here???

Monica said...

And....we even cut out Allen's work Christmas party Saturday night!

Michelle said...

We have a partial itinerary. Maybe I will call tonight, and plan a little. Plus, I feel the need to do my sister duty and give Allen a hard time!

Anonymous said...

Scott doesn't have to wrap any presents except for the ones that are for me. I LOVE wrapping, so he is off the hook. However, since I wrap all the other ones I insist that he makes mine look pretty :)

Anonymous said...

Also...we went to a Christmas parade on Saturday night. It was super cold, so when we got home I got under the covers. Scott went to the store to get me some yummy hot chocolate too! We are so lucky!

Monica said...

awwwwww...yes, we really are so very lucky!!!!!

I really do enjoy making packages pretty....although this year it seems to be overwhelming me for some reason.....perhaps being tired and then sick and then still wanting perfection....duh