Yesterday was quite a busy day. I dropped off the kids at my in-laws so I could go get new glasses and other errands. I ran back to get them and drove home. I had just enough time to feed them and get them in their jammies. Allen was running a little late from work. I had to leave really soon so I could go to music practice.
I kissed Allen, waved and ran out the door. As I was pulling out of the driveway I had a thought that I had not kissed my kids. At first I thought...well, I am running late and I waved so I will just go on to practice and kiss them when I get home.
Instantly the thought came into my mind "wonder if you never come back; don't you want them to have one last kiss"? So, I left the car running and ran in the front door to give everyone a kiss.
Almost to Waterloo, there was a deer on the shoulder just staring at me. I screamed at it not to hit me. It must have worked. Then a mile up the road traffic came to a dead stop. Unfortunately that might be more accurate than intended. There was a horrible accident. There weren't even ambulances there yet. It looked to be a head-on crash. I don't think the people in the white car survived. They weren't moving, and no one was tending to them.
I praised God for sparing me from that accident, prayed for those involved and thanked him for letting me run a bit behind.
Only today when I talked to my father-in-law did it make more sense. He said, "Good thing you came in to kiss your kids"! God had almost audibly warned me...to the point of even thinking about not making it home! I am so glad I listened this time.
Last night, kissing my kids one more time saved my life!!!!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow does that bring tears to my eyes! Thank the Lord for inklings (sp.) that He puts there for a reason - I'm sure it meant a lot to the little ones too that Mom came back in just for them.
This scared me Monica! I can't imagine how I would feel if something happened to you! Make sure you always kiss those babies :)
Yikes, Monica! I think about stuff like this alllllll the time! I am so glad you did kiss your little ones.
Post a Comment