Monday, January 21, 2008

Death of the Super Bowl Dream




I am a cheesehead....I think I may have to go to a support group soon. I actually felt as if I was going to cry when the Packers lost is OT last night. I absolutely love football, I was born in WI therefore Packer football is a given,and I love Brett Favre even more. I so wanted him to end his career with a storybook trip to the Super Bowl capped off by a final two minute drive to win the game over the very annoying Patriots.


I am so sad! Here are the pictures of our last Packer Party for the 2007 season. It has been a super season; I always hate to see it end! I guess I will have to go back to sleeping the Sunday afternoons away.


We really had a good time at our party. The kids didn't watch the game much, but they loved getting to scream their faces off when we did :) It was excruciatingly tense at times, but fun in the end. Well, not for Allen. He can't take it. He had to leave the room for a while. Thankfully for me, he headed to the kitchen. He did all the dishes, cleaned the counters and even unloaded the dishwasher :) So, I guess one good thing came out of the game!
Now, all I can say is GO ELI!!!!!! I can't stand the Patriots

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Brett Favre had such a great year, but for his last throw of the season to be an interception was kind of sad. Maybe this will help him decide to come back for one more year.

Monica said...

Yeah, that was the saddest part. I don't want that to be the last thing he remembers. Perhaps in the end, it will be the tie breaker and make him come back for one more :) I think this would be the 5th one more season though!

Great to "see" you on here. I don't know when I have had a Michelle comment :)

Jen said...

Yeah heartbreaking doesn't cut it! The worst thing about it is living in WI where it keeps getting replayed every news cast. We thought for sure we would win when they missed the game ending field goal - it was hope against hope. Sickening - couldn't sleep well - bad packer dreams. Ok I'm pathetic I know!

Liesl said...

it really was SAD!

A note from Deb... said...

Hi Monica,

I know I haven't posted a comment in forever, but when I saw your Packer post I had to contribute! I, too, have become a total cheesehead and almost felt like crying when the Pack lost the last game. I was SO sure they were going to the Super Bowl! It's doubly rough in my house as my husband is New England fan (terrible, I know!). Anyways, I just wanted to say I love all your Packer gear, you guys look great! Feel free to stop by my blog anytime, I have some good Packer pictures, (we were lucky to have been able to go to the actual 2nd- to-last game in Green Bay): http://growingupconnor.blogspot.com/

~ Deb Tynan (Danna & Kelley's friend from High School church youth group) : )