Well, last night before dinner Hannah told us that her throat hurt when she swallowed. We ended up looking in all the kids' mouths. Yikes, they were all swollen and bright red. No one has run a fever or complained about anything.
I took them into the doctor today. They all three have strep throat and Emily also has an ear infection! Ouch....I can't imagine how uncomfortable it has been for her. They haven't even been whining!
So, here is a kid update while I am at it.
Hannah is now up to 36 pounds. She is now learning to read. She actually has done super well on her phonics. She is so sensitive. There are times when this will just send me through the roof, but then there are times when this makes me cry as I am so proud of her. I was having an emotional moment on my birthday. She was by far the first one to notice. She even followed me to the bathroom asking me if I was ok. Then when I began crying later, she held out her arms, told me she would take care of me and said, "come here". Too cute. I am stressing, however, about how time is flying. I don't want this to be the last semester before she is in school :(
Emily is now 30 pounds. She is about as dear as can be. She was just smiling as she was being examined in the office. The doctor was just shocked to discover how sick she was! She is wanting to read as well. She is doing a super job on learning letters and colors. She is my nurturer. She loves taking care of everyone especially her family and her dolls :)
Joseph is up to 27 pounds. He is the cutest sweetest little boy. In fact, he is growing up way too fast. He has been potty training for nine months already. He now will not even sit to pee :) He doesn't want to be a baby or maybe it is that he is not wanting to be a girl :P He is talking so much. He talks more than most 2.5 year olds. No quiet one in our house! He knows some of his colors and can recognize his name. He loves to snuggle. He has also become quite the Linus. He doesn't want to be without his blankie for any length of time.
So pray for us. My throat is getting sore too :(
UPDATE: I FORGOT TO TELL YOU ABOUT MY BLESSING. MY DOCTOR'S OFFICE WAS TELLING ME THAT SCHNUCK'S, ONE OF THE LOCAL GROCERY STORES, WAS FILLING GENERIC ANTIBIOTICS FOR FREE....YES, YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT, FREE! SO, I GOT THREE PRESCRIPTIONS OF ANTIBIOTICS FOR FREE....PRAISE GOD!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I can't believe you still get strep since you had your tonsils out. I'm sorry you're all sick!
Yes, unfortunately I can still get strep...now I can't get tonsilitis though. The kids still aren't even acting sick! Thankfully for me. I really am not good with whining and things. I am so not a nurse!
I HATE whining! I'm glad they are being good.
Yeah I'm with you on the whining, but yet I want to be taken care of when I'm sick too. How awesome with the free meds - wow!
Poor babies!! They all sound so sweet though. So how are you all with being cooped in the winter?? Do the kids get stir crazy?? We live in a small place right now and with the cold the kids have had to be inside quite a bit. I have never been good with noise so I am going crazy too. (-:
Are you just really patient??
They really have been so good. My kids...well, Joseph and Emily are really tough. Emily had a 3/8 piece of glass in her foot for a month and we never had a clue! Hannah is the dramatic one...but then she has only complained once and thankfully that was to give me a clue to look in their throats.
I laughed out loud....seriously out loud when you asked if I was really patient!!!!! I most certainly am NOT. In fact, that is what I need to work on most. The stir craziness has hit in a bad way! For all of us. The bad part is that we live in a really small house in a really small town....like 3500 people. At least there is a library. To go anywhere where there is a bigger store like Walmart we have to drive 20-25 minutes! To get to St Louis we have to drive 40. So we are in the car a lot. Then I have to worry about how much gas I am spending and how much we will spend when we get to whereever we are going. It is cheaper in summer when we can just play at parks and things ;)
Anyone have any great suggestions? Most people's ideas involve a lot of mess and cleaning up....bake cookies, play dough....I hate play dough...
Tania...I think that is hilarious that you can't take noise as you grew up in such a large family! How did your parents keep everyone in line and quiet???? How are they doing?
You know my mom and I talk about this and we just don't think it was that noisy. I mean when the boys would wrestle or something it could be noisy. But not like utter chaos noisy. I seriously think I have something wrong with my ears though. Because in the car or house if the noise gets loud my ears hurt so so bad. (-: But all of us girls in the family hate noise. When we all get together you will find us in a room at different times trying to get away from all of the noise. lol
My parents are doing well. They are in Phoenix now, dad is pastoring a church there.
hmm ideas for kids. Well a couple of things I do..... Put a little corn meal in a cookie sheet and let the boys drive their cars in it. (Winter Sand)
When I make French Bread (super easy) I give them part of the dough to knead and they have so much fun. They love eating the bread that they "made". I too hate play dough. I do not tolerate much in the way of making more messes.
For Christmas I found an easel at Target on clearance for $14 and it has been the best thing. The boys draw on it all the time and I use it to work on letters with them too. Ok enough that is it for my ideas. (-:
hey friend it was so wonderful to talk to you this am :)
praying your kids are all feeling better soon and what a praise about the medication - i love that!
Post a Comment