You just have to start a school day with the pledge. So Caleb got to hold the flag for the first day of school. He was a proud flag carrier :) Hannah working diligently on her number of the day. We had a letter of the day: T, number of the day: 1, color of the day: green, shape of the day: triangle, and verse of the day: Eph 3:5
Lauren is decorating her shape of the day
For our art project we made a green turtle using both the letter and color of the day.
I am not even sure what she ate that got her lips all messy. I was impressed with Emily and Breanna (they were born 1 day apart). They both sat and did all the school work with the rest of the kids!
Recess time: Papa took them for a train ride with his green tractor. So, we were able to use the color and letter of the day again. They sure loved it!
Then the kids got to have a little bit of free play. This picture cracks me up. Breanna is looking in the "gas tank" like...."seriously, is there gas in this thing?"

9 comments:
Are you doing this just one day every other week or every day every other week? Where is the school house, Allen's mom and dad's house?
Yes, just one day every other week. I don't think I could handle planning it much more than that :) Plus it is at his parents house so that is like 30 miles away...with gas over $3 a gallon again, I have to be careful.
It is really nice having it at their house b/c their house is so much bigger, their yard is much bigger and there are two more sets of hands...especially with Joseph and Makenzie :)
So awesome, Monica! And, if I may say so, this is what's wrong with your goal post: it's NOT DOABLE. Tried to tell ya that in Jan *wink*. However, THIS post is very doable. That's the key to attaining success at all goals -- make them attainable. And be realistic. What happens then is you are able to make bigger & bigger goals b/c you will be fulfilling them & growing from that to the point where you are no longer walking around EXPECTING to fail. Great job on an awesome, doable goal for the kids -- it is definitely something they will love & grow from!
This sounds like a great plan! It will be something to look forward to as well. I'm sure the kids are really going to love it!
Danna, you've been missing in action for quite some time now...hope you're having a great summer!
Hiya Beth! I just took a blogger break is all. :o)
Huge kudos to you Monica! The kids will definitely look forward to school with you as the teacher!
That's really neat Monica! Are you making up the curriculum? Where do you get the ideas?
I am not sure about the me as the teacher part, Nicole. They love getting together with each other most of all :)
I am making it up. All I do is what fits. I will show you a sample of it Leah. I am definitely not capable of rocket science planning. I do only basic!
Post a Comment