Sunday, August 19, 2007

Our State Fair is a Great State Fair!


Saturday we got to go to the IL State Fair. I have never been there before. My mom and I have religiously attended the WI State Fair though. We got an awesome parking spot right across the street from a gate with a gas station right next door. Unfortunately, while we were using the potty it began to down pour. Their bathroom ceiling was leaking everywhere. Here we were waiting for the rain to let up by the pumps :) Funny memories! Thankfully, it stopped soon after and the day was stupendous!!!!!! The kids didn't have to pay to get into the fair, and Papa paid the $3 each for Allen and me. Can you believe that? So we got parking for $3 and that is all it cost us to get into the fair and park! Great deal.



Besides being cheaper than the WI State fair, they had tons more kid friendly activities than I remember the WI fair having. The kids got to make free t-shirts, blow bubbles and make bookmarks. They thought it was really cool :)


Joseph carefully making his bookmark with Joseph



Yes, yes! I got my hair chopped again. I was sick of the flip that would just flop 10 minutes after doing it. Well, it didn't stay looking nice very long after the rain and with the humidity yesterday either. Oh well! Here we are making the free t-shirts. The girls thought this was sooooo cool!


In the bubble fun! This was a really neat idea. Although I can't imagine how many bottle of Dawn were in that pool!

We didn't look at many animals. They did get to pet a cow, rabbit and sheep.
We love our soldiers! I am trying to teach my kids early that we love our military. We always tell them thank you for their service!This captain loved Joseph's seriously look so he put his hat on him and called him a little Marine. Adorable!
Papa and his little buddy!
Our family. Can you tell it was a little bright even in the shade. Ugh...my hair looks so stupid there. Better luck next time!

Emily was completely and utterly pooped. She is actually sleeping like this!

We, of course,had toride a couple of rides. Thank you to MawMaw and Papa that treated the kids for that!!!
It was a super day! I will have to say the only thing I really missed was the WI cream puffs. We tried one there, but it wasn't at all what I was used to. I think we are going to try and go to the WI state fair next year with my mom, so I will have to wait until them :)

3 comments:

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

What fun! Hey-- I just wanted to say thanks for all the really great potty training tips you left on my post! I especially love the automatic-flusher tip... those things drive me crazy too :) I love reading your blog-- happy children.. happy parents :) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Did the giant bubble make the kids sticky?

Monica said...

Thanks Leah....hey I am always willing to share potty stories :)

Surprisingly, Beth it didn't. Now it made Allen yucky, but they didn't get much on them at all thankfully