I was so surprised when Brett came back for this last season after his tearful farewell the end of the 2006 season. I am equally surprised today as he has announced his retirement after one of the best seasons in his career. He earned the title for the most td passes, most yards thrown, and several others including his never-to-be-outdone record of consecutive games played somewhere in the 275 range.
I seriously cried about this all today. I didn't become a big football fan until the end of my high school years. So, really all I have ever known is Brett Favre football. I am wondering if perhaps I am a Brett Favre fan first and a Packers fan second. I told Hannah that we wouldn't be able to see Brett play any more. She cried and said, "This is NOT a Very good day" Ahh, that's my girl. You have to be a cheesehead in order to understand the enormity of this all. This is the end of an era. We started NFL as the greatest with the Lombardi era, then we had the crappy 70s and 80s. This has been such a fun run. I am not sure what this next generation of Packers will bring. Truthfully, today I don't care. I just feel like moping.
I am grateful that we got to see him at training camp two summers ago. It was soooo awesome. Then Allen and I got to go to a PreSeason game. It was so incredible to get to see him run out of that tunnel! We even got to see him throw an 80 yard touchdown pass. Football at its finest.
I do regret not getting to see a regular season Favre game. I had a chance this last season and let it slip away. The Packers were here playing the ridiculously awful Rams. There were lots of seats available. I didn't even think about getting tickets as I am so used to the games being sold out. Sigh....big regret.
Another funny note is that Allen found two letters from the University of Southern Mississippi asking him to come to their school. If he would have gone, he would have been classmates with Brett Favre! I told Allen he could have been Brett's nerdy roommate :)
I love Brett Favre, and I love the Packers. I always look forward to preseason....this year maybe not so much :*(
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I know we are so sad too! Sierra cried when I told her too! She said I wanted to have a Brett Favre birthday party when I turn 6. We have raised(reared is proper but I hate using that word!) them well Monica!
i was so sad for you monica- i nearly called you yesterday .....i am sorry your favorite player is no longer there and he wasn't so hard to look at either :)
i love you friend!
i was so sad for you monica- i nearly called you yesterday .....i am sorry your favorite player is no longer there and he wasn't so hard to look at either :)
i love you friend!
Post a Comment