

We had a super weekend. Allen had put in 40 hours by the time Thursday ended. So, we were so lucky to have him work just a couple of hours on Friday. Then he came home and took us to the zoo. We had a wonderful time. The girls really enjoyed all the animals. Of course we had to ride the train twice and the carousel twice for Hannah :)
Sunday we were able to go to the Red Bud parade. It amazed me. The population here is only like 3500. I haven't seen that many people at a parade in a long time. It lasted for 1 1/2 hours too. Clarence and Jane (Allen's parents) came down to watch the parade with us. We all had a good time. The girls got so much candy and beads. Thankfully they quickly forget about the candy and I was able to make Allen take most of it to work! I am grateful for simple weekends like this with memories that I will cherish forever.

3 comments:
I love times as a family on the weekend! It is so new to us with Steve no longer working at Starbucks on the weekends. I'm looking forward to the 4th and going to a Brewers games, parades and fireworks. I think Steve loved me being sick around father's day, so we could stay home for once and just be home :).
Ha ha ha! You crack me up ;) Yes, I love going out and doing things as a family. Even if I am dead tired from the week I love going out on the weekends and doing something fun. I think Allen could use some break time too! Perhaps he will get it this weekend. We are going up to the cabin :)
Ha ha ha! You crack me up ;) Yes, I love going out and doing things as a family. Even if I am dead tired from the week I love going out on the weekends and doing something fun. I think Allen could use some break time too! Perhaps he will get it this weekend. We are going up to the cabin :)
Post a Comment