Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Emily's day

Today I would like to brag on my middle child. She has been just amazing the last month. She has only been walking for a month and already she has started to run. Well, try at least :) She looks a little bit like Frankenstein though. Then she has switched to her big girl bed. Well, this week she has decided that she didn't want to sit in a highchair anymore. She claimed Hannah's booster chair. Thankfully Hannah thought it was really cool to sit in a big girl chair (one without a booster or anything) like her big cousin Allison :)

Emily has also been going on the potty several times. She loves sitting on it like her sister. Then she will try to go. I can't believe she is already interested in potty training! We are just following her lead, but I am still amazed.

Then today she was getting really cranky (which could be because she is getting her one year molars and a tooth in front as well. Our rule is that if you are grouchy you have to go to bed. Well, I said.."Emily do you need to get your paci (we only let her have it in bed or in her car seat now) and go take a nap?" She marched straight to her room. Then she pulled open the drawer where we keep her pacifiers and waited for me to give her one. I handed her one and she put herself to bed!!!!!! What a blessing :)

6 comments:

Jen said...

What a blessing! What an encouragement to see them grow up! I love the effect older kids have on the younger to make them want be grown up. It helps take a little edge off the full burden of parenting. Great job, Mol!

Troy & Sherry said...

How stinkin adorable. Hey don't forget all these tricks. I will be calling you when we have kids. :)
You are a great mom!
Love you girlie!

Monica said...

Do you two know how much I love you? I have really been needing some encouragement the last couple of days. Thank you for being my little angels :)

Yeah, it is awesome that she wants to be like Hannah in those ways. Wasn't so cool when she bit Hannah after she got bit though!! But what goes around comes around....uhhh, is that the phrase? Oh well, fried brain.

Scott and Beth said...

Hi Monica & Family!

I just wanted to let you know I really enjoy reading your updates and looking at your new pictures! You have such a beautiful family! I really miss you guys!

Jen said...

Hey friend! Just wanted to check in and see how your doing. Enjoy your weekend! We'll be busy with a cousin's wedding. It sure will be a treat to see how well Sierra holds out sitting for a wedding and a dinner. Not likely :)!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.