Sunday, June 18, 2006

Family Day



Today we were out and about. We got lots done. We went out for breakfast. Then Allen took us to some garage sales. Hannah just loves going to them. She loves checking out other people's toys :O) We got Allen's eyes checked and his glasses ordered. Then we went to Kirkwood to see the train depot. Unfortunately the train wasn't running. In fact they had to bus people in. Hannah was severely disappointed. We then went and got ice cream. Across the street was the Kirkwood fire department. They just pulled back in as we were leaving the ice cream stand. So, I made Allen take us over there. The girls thought it was so super.

I am so grateful for a husband that loves to spend time with his family. It is so nice that Allen's free time isn't being out on the golf course or playing poker with the boys. I know I am so very blessed. I can't imagine my husband being any more perfect. He is truly a blessing from the Lord! I don't know what I would do without him. Not only is he the most wonderful husband, but he is the best, most amazing dad! I am so happy that I get to have him as my kids' daddy!

3 comments:

Jen said...

That's great Hannah's good at yard sales. Sierra thinks any toy she plays with she can keep. So, we only go if there are tons in a row and Steve is with to distract her when necessary :).

Monica said...

Yeah...I know what you mean. We can still manipulate the situation with Hannah for minimal emotional damage or fit throwing...thankfully!!!

Friday I went to a yard sale just me with the three kids. It was 96 degrees here. What was I thinking? Not doing that again unless it is a real doozie. My nerves can't take it :)

Monica said...

Yeah...I know what you mean. We can still manipulate the situation with Hannah for minimal emotional damage or fit throwing...thankfully!!!

Friday I went to a yard sale just me with the three kids. It was 96 degrees here. What was I thinking? Not doing that again unless it is a real doozie. My nerves can't take it :)