Sunday, November 02, 2008

Weekend Warriors

Saturday Papa and Allen built my retaining wall!!!!! I wish you could hear how very excited I am. I have wanted this to get done for months and months. Here Joseph is helping. It was sooooo cute. He said he was Papa's helper.


I gave the kids coffee cups with cocoa coffee in it. They thought it was so fun to have a "workman cup"

Let the "fun" begin. Poor Papa and his always aching back :( He is always such a trooper! Thank you so much for ALL your help, advice, math figuring, and hauling. Now let me tell you how lucky I am. My house was the messiest I have seen it in a while if not ever. Well, Karen and I had planned on going to activities for two of our SS kids. Well, while I was gone....MawMaw cleaned my whole living room and kitchen, cleaned the dishes and did all my laundry!!!!!!! Not only that, but she came in and helped me with lots of cutting and bulletin board things I had to do and then gave my girls a bath!!! I seriously don't even know how to thank them. You guys are soooo great. We are so grateful for you and all your help






Digging.....but across the street....whatever...have fun!




TADA!!!!!! Doesn't it make my house look straighter? I absolutely LOVE it!




Thank you guys! It is sooo awesome


































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks sooooo good! They did an awesome job! I love the bricks that you chose! How long did it take them to do it?

Monica said...

It took them all day. In fact, Clarence and Jane came over today to finish it. He had to cut some of the top bricks and then glued them all. Plus they sowed grass seed for me too....Yeah, I know spoiled rotten!!!!!!!