Late Friday night my dad drove down to see us and pick up mom. Saturday we decided to take a ferry across the Mississippi River to see an old french town. It was so much fun. It wasn't busy in the least, but it kept us busy for a little while. The weather was incredible! It was mid 80s!
Cool girls with enormous sunglasses :)
Our little family on the banks of the Mississippi!
Walking in Ste. Genevieve. Isn't Joseph getting big :(
We took a breat from our strolling to have ice cream in a cute little parlor. It was amazingly cheap too. We got a sundae glass of ice cream, a soda, three kids ice creams, and two adult ice creams for <$6!!! Then we later got two coffees and two postcards....that came to $50 total! My kind of spending :)
We took a tour of two french houses. The one in this picture was brought log for log from Quebec and then reassembled here! I love the french gardens in the forground as well. They plant flowers and herbs all together.
Dad's back and hip was really bothering him, but he wouldn't put Emily down when she was snoozing on his shoulder. I guess you love through the pain when you are a grandpa :)
It was such a perfectly wonderful day. It always goes too fast, but it was wonderful!

3 comments:
I love doing things like this...really cool!
I really love it too. I am big on family outings. Plus, I really like old historical towns. It was awesome...very small though
How fun to have your fam come down and it end up being so nice out! I miss seeing your parents!
Post a Comment