Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Praising God!

Well, this week has dawned, breathing life into Allen's spirit and professional career. Yesterday was his first day at Ameren. It was FANTASTIC!!! He almost floated home. I can't tell you how that has encouraged my heart. I hated seeing him go through all that. I know God has built more character in him, plus it has made us so grateful for his new blessings.

"Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits" I quite literally prayed for God to load us with benefits. He humored me and has given us the best benefits we have ever had through Allen's work, plus it is cheaper! I am just in awe of God's goodness to us. We are even finding other nuggets along the way....like Ameren employees get 15% off their Verizon bill. What a blessing! That will save us around $15 a month! Then Allen read about discounts on Six Flags tickets (we had talked already about getting a family membership for next summer), STL zoo (we had one this year and LOVED it).

Thank you so much for all your prayers, calls and emails. They have meant the world to us and have helped us get through this struggle. We have one more prayer request. The psycho at his former job threatened to "have lunch with a vice president from Ameren that I know. Then I will tell him all about you." Besides being highly illegal and unethically, we see this as a real spiritual war. I really think this guy is possessed with an evil spirit. He is not even logical or reasonable in his hatred toward Allen. The weirdest part....Allen has never done anything! So please pray for this man's salvation as well as a hedge of protection around Allen's name and reputation.
Happy Birthday, my handsome prince! I am so grateful that I get to be with you...to be married to you, to be a team with you, to have children with you, to grow OLD (now that you are 36 :P) with you, and to growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord together! You are an amazing man that I feel it is a priviledge to know much less to love and be loved by. I am so grateful you were born this day. I love you with all my heart!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica, lay your fears to rest . . . that man would NEVER do what he says he's "thinking" of doing. Seriously. I would bet all the money I don't have on it. Haha In fact, I would've been SO tempted to laugh right in his face had he said that to me. I would've handed him the phone!

Monica said...

Thanks for the reassurance. I am quite the worrier! Allen, in fact, further infuriated him because Allen just looked at him and shrugged his shoulders when the pyscho was done with his spewing. The crazy thing is that he then left the office before his work there was even done. So I think Allen's response was anything but what he wanted. I think he wanted Allen to just let him have it so he could have something....anything against Allen

Troy & Sherry said...

friend-
so good to catch up with you the other day - i love you and miss you and we are SO excited about Allen's new job....finally a place where he will be appreciated...i think that guy is jealous of Allen's promotion into a new job.