Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Poor Baby!

Emily has had a sore on her heal since right after Labor Day. I even took her to get it checked at the doctor. The newbie doctor said she didn't feel anything in there. So we just gave her antibiotics. Then about three weeks ago she got another sore between her heal and ankle. Ugh...it began to puss up and things. So four times this week we have had to prick it and push the junk out and put peroxide on it with a bandage. Well, Thursday night I decided to push one more time. Good thing the Lord had me do that. Out shot this shard of glass!!!!!!!!!! It was 3/8 of an inch long. I wanted to just puke! No wonder it has hurt her so bad. So, I am not sure if she initially had gotten a piece of glass in her foot and it was working itself out a different hole! Yuck, I am SO not a nurse. It made me so sick to see that. I felt so bad for her. No wonder she screamed so hard and loud when we were picking and pushing on it!!! She has such an incredibly high pain tolerance.

Please pray that it is all out. I am still feeling hard spots but it might scar tissue or something. My poor little baby!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica, this isn't good! Has Emily had a tetanus shot recently? This is how you get staff infections. I don’t want to freak you out, but my mom almost died from staff! I would take her to the doctor and have them make sure all the glass is out (now that you know something was in fact in there) and give her a shot! This really scares me!

Monica said...

Ok...you did freak me out! I called the doctor. She is up to date on all her shots. She thinks that b/c she was and is still on antibiotics and the wound is scabbing up that it is all out and over with. But thanks for letting me know. I am glad I called.

Jen said...

Yowza! Poor little girl! You never know if it's nothing or when to keep checking to see if it really is something. So glad you did!

Monica said...

I KNOW!!!! I still am not convinced it is all out of there
:( Now it will keep working itself out if there is, right?????

Troy & Sherry said...

poor little girl - i sure hope it is all out and she is feeling better....how is she today?
love you-

Monica said...

She is doing great...but she has been. She was walking and playing just fine. I just noticed it was all pus-filled :( She's quie the girl!

Anonymous said...

Good gravy!!! I bet that was totally shocking to have that thing come flying out at you! I'm glad things are looking good now.

Monica said...

Yes, I was totally shocked, then I almost threw up! I am just praying that is all that is in there.