Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Uncle Sam Gave Some Back

Every year that we have a tax return everyone gets a splurge or treat with some of the money. This year we decided to buy a train table and some tracks for the three kids. They already have a bunch of the metal trains, so now they will actually have a place to go with them instead of on my coffee table or under my feet :) They are loving it!!!

Allen got a remote extender/signal sender so he can get satellite upstairs in our room. Hopefully we will be able to go to bed earlier.

I got a under the cabinet radio/weather radio/cd player. That way I can practice my music while I cook and not try to compete with the kids watching a video or cartoons!

5 comments:

Troy & Sherry said...

what a fun toy - how are you my friend? i sure wish you lived closer for saturday am visit or sunday afternoon football game. :(
you are one of my favorite people in the whole world - i hope you know that.
love ya

Monica said...

Toy...this is way more than a toy...it is furniture, it is a way of life. Ok, maybe I am getting carried away!!! :)

I too wish we lived closer :( No, I didn't know that. I will glory in that though as you have a lot of people in your world!!!

How are you feeling? Does it feel even better now that you know you are having a little Jake????

Anonymous said...

Grand idea to get everyone something. What do you do with the rest of your return? Hopefully, come May or June you will get that extra tax credit :) Won't that be nice?!?!

Monica said...

I wish it was all free money. Unfortunately we have a bunch of bills to pay off :( Oh well. Yeah the extra tax credit would be awesome. We may see if we can out out to see Michelle's new baby 4th of July weekend. Hey are you guys on the way beth??? Perhaps we could see you too :)

Anonymous said...

I'd say we're about 100 miles out of the way. I think you'd just drive to Nashville and then across the state.